Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Currently working on finding at least ten references for research purposes, the search for valid ones is proving difficult to find. So far I have three that I can use that were given to me two of which are pdf files and the third is a book. The pdf files are Death's Heads, Cherubs, and Willow Trees: Experimental Archaeology in Colonial Cemeteries, by Dethlefsen and Deetz, and The Historical Archaeology of Mortuary Behavior: Coffin Hardware from Uxbridge, Mass, by Bell. The book that I am reading is In Small Things Forgotten: An Archaeology of Early American Life, by James Deetz. With the pdf files it helps me to understand what I will be looking for when I start getting into the field work process of identifying iconography (the visual images and symbols used in a work of art or the study or interpretation on these).

No comments:

Post a Comment